We are a leading African transportation infrastructure solutions provider.
Manufacturing of rail components using advanced technology from global partners.
Design, engineering and construction of rail transport infrastructure.
Maintenance of rail transport infrastructure.
We take pride in the value that we add to the rail transportation industry, through our offerings below.
Consulting and Designing
Manufacturing of Components
Installation and Construction of the Structures
Ongoing Maintenance and Signalling
Concessions and Operation
The increase in freight demands (driven by an increase in population) will see an increase in rail networks and maintenance in order to achieve efficiency.
This is due to railways being the most cost-effective mode of transport for moving bulk cargo over long distances on land. Railways are best suited to container traffic between ports and capitals.
Acquisition of Rail 2 Rail, a rail components manufacturing facility.
Acquired rail signaling and digital capabilities and expanded our manufacturing component offering.
Acquisition of Lennings Rail, previously known as Aveng Rail, a rail design, construction and manufacturing provider.
To grow our portfolio in rail and other related industries.
Our goal is to be the leading turnkey transportation infrastructure solutions provider in Africa.
Mathupha Capital aims to grow through the acquisition of companies where synergies can be maximised with the existing investment profile.
Our Team Members
• CEO –Rail 2 Rail
• Executive Chairman –MIG
• Chairman –GEP credit committee
• Marketing Director –Virgin Mobile
• Head of Sponsorship –SABMiller
• Head of Marketing –Heineken
• Rail2Rail (Pty) Ltd
• (Formerly) Gibela Rail (Pty) Ltd
• MIG (Pty) Ltd
• Mathupha Capital
• Powerhouse Africa
• Shanike Property Development
• Umnotho Wesizwe
Chief Executive Officer
• Chartered Accountant
• MSc Corporate Finance
• Supervisor – KPMG
• Account Manager – IDC
• General Manager – PPC Ltd
• Head – Edge (Standard Bank)
• CEO – Rail 2 Rail and Mathupha Capital
• Rail 2 Rail (Pty) Ltd
• Mathupha Capital (Pty) Ltd
• Sun International Ltd
• SAFCOL SOC Ltd
• National Film and Video Foundation
• Grindrod Ltd
Chief Business Development Officer
• Civil Engineer
• University of KZN graduate
• Perway Engineer – Metrorail
• Business Analyst – Industrial Development Corporation
• Civil Engineering Expert – DBSA
• General Manager – RACEC Rail (formerly known as Grindrod Rail construction now called Ikusasa Rail)
• MD – RACEC
• MD – Thermitrex
• MD – Aveng Rail
• Associate Member – South African Institute of Civil Engineers (SAICE)
• Candidate Professional Engineer – Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
• Permanent Way Institute (PWI)
• Black Management Forum (BMF)
• National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
• Business Engage (formerly known as Women In Finance)
• Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (Iodsa)
Chief Financial Officer
• Bcompt Accounting
• Tax Practitioner SA
• BA (SA)
• Founder A2 Accounting & Consulting
• Openco (Pty) LTD
• Galaxy One Group
• Mathupha Investment Group
• CFO – Rail2Rail